MLB All Star Game Tickets
Some would say that baseball is in the blood of the passionate MLB All Star Game fans. They love their MLB All Star Game and will do anything to get their hands on their treasured MLB All Star Game tickets. When you purchase MLB All Star Game tickets, you can be assured that you will be sitting with some of the knowledgeable and best fans that the baseball can offer.
Take your MLB All Star Game ticket and enter the stadium. You will immediately feel the energy of not only the players but of your fellow fans in the stadium. When purchasing a MLB All Star Game ticket, we recommend you consider the following key points:
- Purchase MLB All Star Game tickets from an online ticket provider that you know will deliver your tickets promptly and securely – ICON Tickets is the top MLB All Star Game ticket provider in the country. There is no one with more a wide range of MLB All Star Game Tickets than ICON Tickets.
- We can get you first row seats, tickets in exclusive suites, or any other MLB All Star Game ticket you may want. ICON Tickets has 100% buyer guarantee and will always deliver on the tickets sold. We pride ourselves on this perfect delivery record.
- Even when buying online, customer service is important when purchasing tickets – ICON Tickets will provide the best customer service and support for your MLB All Star Game tickets.
- Find a ticket provider that has a large network of key suppliers and vendors. At ICON Tickets, we work with only our trusted network of ticket providers for MLB All Star Game tickets and tickets for other MLB events.
- In general, you will have more ticket purchasing options if you buy your MLB All Star Game tickets in pairs or groups of four. Many ticket providers are reluctant to split up their groups to leave a single ticket behind.
- You want to pay a fair price for your MLB All Star Game tickets! ICON Tickets will make sure you are paying the lowest possible price for your MLB All Star Game tickets.
- With so many different seat options at the stadium, it is nice to have a team of professionals that can help you to select the best MLB All Star Game tickets for your group based on the number of tickets, your budget, and where you like to sit.
- Know what you are paying. With ICON Tickets, your final charge will be shown on the check out page. There are no hidden costs or fees after the fact. Take comfort in knowing you understand what your total cost for your MLB All Star Game tickets will be.
- If you can’t find the ticket that you need online, call our friendly team of experienced professionals and they will help you to find exactly what you need for all MLB All Star Game games.
- We want your purchase to be easy. Therefore we have many features on our website to help in the process including interactive seat maps and filtering. Purchasing your MLB All Star Game tickets should be a simple process – it will be with us.
- ICON Tickets will get your MLB All Star Game tickets to you as quickly as possible. If they are electronic tickets, we will send them to you via email. Otherwise we will ship them as quickly as possible.
Do you ever feel that the selection of MLB All Star Game tickets on a lot of the sites is limited or they seem cost prohibitive? If so, you can be sure to get the best selection of MLB All Star Game tickets from ICON Tickets – we are the leading provider of MLB tickets worldwide. We can get you first row seats, tickets in exclusive suites, or any other MLB All Star Game ticket you may want. We list all available MLB All Star Game tickets on our site from our own inventory as well as our supplier’s inventory. Depending on particular inventory for MLB All Star Game tickets, tickets may be listed above face value. Rest assured, when you place an order with ICON Tickets, your MLB All Star Game tickets will be shipped or emailed to you promptly after placing the order. Enjoy the tickets you purchased for MLB All Star Game – we know you will have an excellent time at the event!
Major League Baseball’s All-Star Game, often referred to as the “Midsummer Classic,” is a game held annually to honor and showcase the best players from the American League and National League from the first half of the season. The game, which occurs on the second Tuesday of July every year, has been played 82 times, with the 83rd game set for July 10, 2012 in Kansas City. The first MLB All-Star Game was held in 1933 at Comiskey Park, then home of the American League’s Chicago White Sox, as an event during the World’s Fair that year in Chicago. The event, created by Chicago Tribune sports editor Arch Ward, was originally going to be for the World’s Fair only. However, the game was a rousing success and MLB decided to make it an annual summer event. The All-Star Game is usually rotated between an AL ballpark and an NL ballpark each year, unless MLB decides to break the tradition. Major League Baseball chose to have the NL’s San Francisco Giants host in 2007, after the NL’s Pittsburgh Pirates hosted in 2006, so that the AL’s New York Yankees could host the game in 2008 during the final season of the old Yankee Stadium.
The National League and American League All-Star rosters of 34 players are chosen in a process that includes fan voting, player voting, and manager selection. Fans choose the starting position players for the National League and the American League, as well as the AL’s starting designated hitter. This amounts to 8 players for the NL and 9 players for the AL. Players in both leagues then vote on 8 pitchers and a back-up player at each position, which adds 16 players to each roster. The National League manager then chooses another 9 players and the American League manager chooses 8 players to get their respective rosters up to 33 players. It is up to each manager to make sure that every team in Major League Baseball has at least one All-Star. The fans then get to vote on the 34th and final player for each team, based off of a list created by each of the two managers. The managers of the American League and National League All-Stars are always the managers from the reigning American League and National League Champions.
There has been a tremendous amount of legendary moments throughout the 82 MLB All-Star Games that have been played. Some of baseball’s greatest Hall of Famers have hit some big home runs during an All-Star Game. In 1941, Boston Red Sox legend Ted Williams hit a walk-off 3-run homer to win the game for the American League. In 1955, St. Louis Cardinals great Stan Musial hit a walk-off homer in the 12th inning for the National League, completing the NL’s rally from a 5-0 deficit. In 1971, Reggie Jackson, then a member of the Oakland Athletics, crushed a home run that went 520 feet and hit a light tower on the roof of the old Tiger Stadium in Detroit. The greatest moment for a pitcher in the All-Star Game came in 1934. Hall of Fame pitcher Carl Hubbell, representing the National League, struck out 5 straight hitters that would all be future Hall of Famers, Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Jimmie Foxx, Al Simmons, and Joe Cronin. Through 82 All-Star Games, the total wins and losses between both the AL and NL is extremely close, with the NL having 42 wins, the AL having 38 wins, and 2 games ending in a tie. The 2002 All-Star Game is famous for ending in a controversial tie after 11 innings because both teams ran out of available pitchers in the bullpen. It was this game that led to sweeping rules changes for the All-Star Game, including expanded rosters, and the fact that the league that wins the All-Star Game would have home-field advantage for the World Series. The first All-Star Game MVP award was given out in 1962. There have been only four players that have won two All-Star Game MVP awards. Those players are Hall of Famers Willie Mays, Gary Carter, and Cal Ripken, Jr., along with Steve Garvey. Some other famous players to have won an All-Star Game MVP award include Roger Clemens, Ken Griffey, Jr., Mike Piazza, Pedro Martinez, and Derek Jeter.
Every season, ICON Tickets has a large selection of great tickets available for the MLB All-Star Game. We always have a huge selection of excellent seats to choose from, anywhere in the stadium hosting the “Midsummer Classic.” Buy your All-Star Game tickets now from ICON Tickets and come watch Major League Baseball’s top hitters and pitchers battle to see which league will have home-field advantage during the World Series in the fall!
ICON Tickets is not affiliated with the MLB All Star Game, the official MLB All Star Game website, or any venues in which MLB All Star Game perform in.